At Lenses.io, we believe the future is data-driven. Building and operating data platforms must be accessible to everyone. Lenses provides a simple way to operate data with confidence, governance and security, allowing users to accelerate delivery.
As a DevOps engineer you are part of the feature delivery teams. You will develop in Golang, Python and Typescript. You will help manage build systems, dockers, deployment to Kubernetes and all the major clouds and on premise systems. Lenses touches every system possible(all possible systems?) so you will be exposed to many systems, from Apache Kafka, to Redis and potentially any data store such as Elastic, JMS, RDMS, Cassandra, InfluxDB.
The engineering culture at Lenses takes pride in technical excellence, we want the best, and we also have quality and delivery ingrained in our DNA. We work in flexible scrum based teams to deliver tangible features, end to end, utilizing the latest technology. As DevOps engineer we expect the same standards.
If you are smart, open minded, hungry and eager to learn then Lenses is the place for you!
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth
- Working with the hottest and coolest technologies
- Very competitive salary and benefits
- The flexibility and mindset of a startup, no suits, no limitations
- An opportunity to collaborate with exceptional, professional people in their fields
- Flexible working hours
- Travelling (optional)
- Public speaking (optional)
- An awesome working environment with colleagues from our offices in London, Athens, New York, Amsterdam or even just from your cozy home
- Strong Linux (or BSD) system knowledge
- Computer science background
- Experience with configuration management systems and tools. Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with containers (docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Helm)
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (Azure, AWS, GCloud)
- Experience with setting up and maintaining distributed systems. Any will do, Kafka is a big plus. Redis, ActiveMQ, ElasticSearch
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab Runners
- Excellent at bash scripting
- Proficient in Golang or Python
- Experience with debugging, building, testing, configuring and tuning JVM-based applications
- Some experience with monitoring systems and frameworks such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Security conscious
- Able to take responsibilities and own projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Team player, able to push through language and cultural barriers to work with engineers all over the world
- Experience providing support to either internal teams or clients
- Open source contributor or speaker in conferences will be considered a plus