Who are we?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new and disruptive way of consuming, processing and moving data. Our product, Lenses, delivers an amazing developer experience for building & operating streaming data applications. It makes working with leading open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka & Kubernetes accessible for more than ten thousand engineers, and operationalizes them for both enterprises including Daimler-Benz and startups such as Babylon Health.
If you're curious, love challenges, and have a great sense of humour then Lenses is the place for you!
What your day-to-day looks like:
You will empower users, developers and partners by creating content that makes our software easy to learnand use via demonstrations of best practices and common use cases. You will be responsible for thedocumentation/help center website and develop and review content to educate our users to maximize theadoption of our product to their projects, help them to find answers to their questions and contribute to ourknowledge base.
- Will research, author, co-author, and maintain product documentation and content on several of our outreach channels
- Will participate in strategy discussions helping to define the direction for our documentation and educational sites, create content plans for important topic areas
- Will work collaboratively with internal teams to create documentation based on best practices and use cases for customers and partners
- Will be responsible for maintaining the docs for new versions and releases and reviewing contributed content
- Will be responsible for building and contributing to knowledge base, community material and support articles
What you will bring:
We are looking for a writer with the mind of a developer and an evangelist. You enjoy learning, providingfeedback to developers, and participating in the wider developer and partner community. The successfulcandidate will demonstrate an interest in getting inside the head of a typical developer and will bepassionate about turning complex ideas into simple instructions and examples
- Great technical and data skills, ideally in streaming technologies, a strong desire to create documentation with examples and tutorials and the ability to turn complex technology concepts into simple guides, tutorials and reference documentation
- Excitement working closely with engineering teams, product managers and stakeholders and taking complex data concepts to great experiences
- Ability to work independently and manage your own projects while fostering team relationships
- Proactiveness in communicating and collaborating with product managers, program managers, developers, QA engineers, and other technical writers
- Hands-on technical writing experience. We will also consider related experience
- Are comfortable using Git
- Previous use of the following technologies: SQL, data related technologies ( ideally streaming data ), APIs, and a programming language or the ability to understand code examples and DevOps practices
- Excellent (fluent) spoken and written English. All of our documentation is written in English
- Enjoyment working with remote teams
Being Part of the Lenses.io team:
- Lenses.io is part of Celonis, the Decacorn in the enterprise software industry, giving you the opportunity to compete on the world stage.
- You will be exposed to the front-line of streaming technology applied globally. This will give you unique insights that are immensely valuable and rare.
- We are ready to rock the market and offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and strong global and local benefits.
- You will be joining an awesome, constantly evolving and vibrant environment.
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth.
- Work with exceptional, diverse, professional people at the forefront of their fields.
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.