Who are we?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new and disruptive way of consuming, processing and moving data. Our product, Lenses, delivers an amazing developer experience for building & operating streaming data applications. It makes working with leading open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka & Kubernetes accessible for more than ten thousand engineers, and operationalizes them for both enterprises including Daimler-Benz and startups such as Babylon Health.
If you're curious, love challenges, and have a great sense of humour then Lenses is the place for you!
What your day-to-day looks like:
This is a brand new team, reporting to the Director of Streaming Cloud, which will be responsible for operating and growing the DataOps Cloud for streaming data. You will:
- Lead a team of highly skilled Kafka SREs managing global deployments of Kafka, reporting to the Director of Streaming Cloud
- Ensure stability of tenants Lenses and Kafka deployments, constantly monitoring, alerting and proactively manage thousands of data pipelines running via Lenses
- Deploy and maintain instances Lenses and Apache Kafka on demand
- Be a part of a team that owns the health of our product and ensure its end-to-end availability and performance according to defined SLOs
- Apply your strong troubleshooting skills and strategic disaster recovery thinking
- Apply software engineering and SRE principles to design, write and deliver software, improve availability, scalability and efficiency of our product
- You will be working extensively with Strimzi and maybe required to contribute back to the project as well as developing and maintaining other Kubernetes operators for Lenses and ancillary services
- Constantly improve our monitoring, metrics and KPIs as well as define and implement missing SLOs
- Drive blameless lessons learned, implement processes and automations to ensure prevention of problem recurrence and document the acquired knowledge sharing it among all teams.
What you bring to the table:
We are going to spend many years working together. It’s important that we are compatible:
You are passionate about:
- You have experience lead a team, mentoring and helping other grow
- You are metrics driven, constantly working towards goals and KPIs, improving all the time
- You love being an SRE and are eager to learn and become better
- You are not afraid to ask questions, give and receive feedback
- You have experience in most of our primary technology stack (Kafka or Puslar are a must)
- You have strong problem-solving skills, which for us means not only you can solve a problem but also you can explain how you did it and why your solution is correct
- You are security, performance, and best-practice conscious
- You are able to take responsibilities and own projects (implementation or even design-wise)
- You like working in a team and you are able to push through language and cultural barriers to work with engineers all over the world
- You want to automate everything
- No task is beneath or above you. Documentation, support, and even little tasks are things we all do often. This applies even to our CEO!
- Customer Success
- Trying new tactics and messaging
- Being part of a team
- Sharing success with others
- Inspiring people
Primary Technology Stack
Experience operating distributed streaming services such as Apache Kafka or Pulsar is required
The most common parts of our current stack include:
- Docker & Kubernetes / Openshift including operator patterns
- Azure & Amazon AWS
- Go language
- Strimzi (big plus)
- Apache Kafka, Puslar or other distributed streaming technologies (must)
- Helm / Kustomize
- Java / Scala / Springboot
- Datadog / Prometheus / Grafana
Being Part of the Lenses.io team:
- Lenses.io is part of Celonis, the Decacorn in the enterprise software industry, giving you the opportunity to compete on the world stage.
- You will be exposed to the front-line of streaming technology applied globally. This will give you unique insights that are immensely valuable and rare.
- We are ready to rock the market and offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and strong global and local benefits.
- You will be joining an awesome, constantly evolving and vibrant environment.
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth.
- Work with exceptional, diverse, professional people at the forefront of their fields.
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.