Who are we?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new and disruptive way of consuming, processing and moving data. Our product, Lenses, delivers an amazing developer experience for building & operating streaming data applications. It makes working with leading open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka & Kubernetes accessible for more than ten thousand engineers, and operationalizes them for both enterprises including Daimler-Benz and startups such as Babylon Health.
If you're curious, love challenges, and have a great sense of humour then Lenses is the place for you!
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Work in an agile environment to deliver robust quality products release after release
- Champion best practices within the Scala chapter
- Participate in product initiatives and decisions
- Design, implement and own the technical approach for new product initiatives
- Spike new ideas or new approaches to improve existing functionality and code base
- Investigate and reproduce bugs reported by customers
- Interact with our customers, as part of 2nd level support rota, to gather feedback and improve our product
- Help upskill and mentor existing team members through coaching and pair programming
What you will bring:
- Enjoys working in a collaborative atmosphere where new ideas are valued
- Self-starter who is motivated to deliver and improve knowledge constantly
- Enjoys writing code in a functional programming style but also has appreciation for other paradigms: most of our business logic is written using cats-effect, fs2 and other Typelevel libraries, but we heavily integrate with traditional java APIs
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, clouds (ie. GCE, AWS, Azure)
- Experience using RDBMS databases. Any other storage solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, InfluxDb it isa plus
- Experience using Messaging Systems (Apache Kafka in particular, Apache Pulsar, JMS)
- Experience in writing understandable, testable and maintainable code
- Experience using Lucene will be an advantage
- Experience as an Open Source Contributor and/or Speaker in the Streaming will be a huge asset
Being Part of the Lenses.io team:
- Lenses.io is part of Celonis, the Decacorn in the enterprise software industry, giving you the opportunity to compete on the world stage.
- You will be exposed to the front-line of streaming technology applied globally. This will give you unique insights that are immensely valuable and rare.
- We are ready to rock the market and offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and strong global and local benefits.
- You will be joining an awesome, constantly evolving and vibrant environment.
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth.
- Work with exceptional, diverse, professional people at the forefront of their fields.
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.