Who we are?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new way of consuming, processing and moving data. Our product makes working with cutting-edge open-source technologies more accessible to users and operationalizes them for enterprises. Our customers, who range from household names like Daimler-Benz and Adidas to cloud-native startups, use Lenses to help run their strategic streaming and software applications: think IoT, fraud-detection AI engines and cutting-edge consumer-facing microservices.
Looking to make a difference?
Are you someone that gets excited about building things? Keen to see your ideas and knowledge shine as theydirectly impact our product? This is your moment to join a high-growth tech startup on the first floor.
The engineering culture at Lenses takes pride in technical excellence, we want the best, but we also have quality anddelivery ingrained in our DNA. We work in agile teams to deliver tangible features, end to end, utilising the latesttechnology. This means that as an engineer in Lenses you get exposed to all aspects of the product to ensure deliveryof features, including design, UX, UI, APIs, DevOps, testing and of course writing lots of awesome code!
Backed by industry experts defining and driving the DataOps vision, are you ready to work with Apache Kafka,Apache Pulsar, Redis, Kubernetes, ReactJS, every data system imaginable and all major Clouds?
If you're curious, love challenges, and have a great sense of humour then Lenses is the place for you!
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Work in an agile environment to deliver robust quality products release after release
- Champion best practices within the Scala chapter
- Participate in product initiatives and decisions
- Design, implement and own the technical approach for new product initiatives
- Spike new ideas or new approaches to improve existing functionality and code base
- Investigate and reproduce bugs reported by customers
- Interact with our customers, as part of 2nd level support rota, to gather feedback and improve our product
- Help upskill and mentor existing team members through coaching and pair programming
What you will bring:
- Enjoys working in a collaborative atmosphere where new ideas are valued
- Self-starter who is motivated to deliver and improve knowledge constantly
- Enjoys writing code in a functional programming style but also has appreciation for other paradigms: most of our business logic is written using cats-effect, fs2 and other Typelevel libraries, but we heavily integrate with traditional java APIs
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, clouds (ie. GCE, AWS, Azure)
- Experience using RDBMS databases. Any other storage solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, InfluxDb it isa plus
- Experience using Messaging Systems (Apache Kafka in particular, Apache Pulsar, JMS)
- Experience in writing understandable, testable and maintainable code
- Experience using Lucene will be an advantage
- Experience as an Open Source Contributor and/or Speaker in the Streaming will be a huge asset
Being Part of the Lenses.io team:
- You will join our International team with Lensiors spanning 8 countries and Offices in London, Athens, and New York. We have a distributed and remote-friendly culture to cover the full spectrum of working from a modern office to fully remote. (We are currently operating in full remote mode)
- You will be defining, not following, the market
- You will have a huge individual influence on the direction of the company
- An opportunity to work with exceptional people at the forefront of their fields
Even More Benefits
- An awesome, open, and vibrant start-up environment
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth
- Flexible working hours
- Choose your own equipment
- An opportunity to work with exceptional, professional people at the forefront of their fields
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.