Who we are?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new way of consuming, processing and moving data. Our product makes working with cutting-edge open-source technologies more accessible to users and operationalizes them for enterprises. Our customers, who range from household names like Daimler-Benz and Adidas to cloud-native startups, use Lenses to help run their strategic streaming and software applications: think IoT, fraud-detection AI engines and cutting-edge consumer-facing microservices.
Looking to make a difference?
Are you someone that gets excited about building things? Keen to see your ideas and knowledge shine asthey directly impact our product? This is your moment to join a high-growth tech startup on the first floor.
We are proud of our engineering culture at Lenses.io. During a steep growth period, we have a consistent and opinionated set of best practices that are helping us to scale newly minted technologies like ApacheKafka into enterprise-ready software. Are you ready to work with Kafka, Kubernetes, Streaming SQL, and other modern technologies on-prem and across clouds?
If the answer is ‘yes’ – and you are curious, open-minded, hungry, and eager to learn then Lenses.io is the place for you!
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Take part in all stages of the development process, from requirements gathering to implementation and testing.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and collaborate closely with neighbouring disciplines, such as UX Designers, BackEnd Developers, DevOps, Product Managers
- Participate in an Agile environment, with clear goals and fast releases.
- Take part in knowledge sharing sessions with the rest of the UI Engineers or in company-wide ones.
- Make use of the latest tools, libs and frameworks available in the Front-End space.
- Help build the DataOps platform of the future
What you will bring:
- Motivated to deliver and improve his/her knowledge constantly
- Proven front end development experience, with a focus on building single-page web applications.
- Ability to write clean code and understand when a particular part of the code needs to be refactored, what type of design patterns to use, etc.
- Experience building design systems with Styled Components, Typescript and ReactJS.
- Advanced React concepts and patterns.
- Solid HTML & CSS knowledge and ability to structure layouts with minimal and clear structure.
- Knowledge of the Front-End Development ecosystem, web tooling such as NPM, YARN, Webpack, etc.
- Know-how on ways to debug code, investigate performance issues, track issues, and fix them
- Some Experience with testing Frameworks such as JEST, React Testing Library and Cypress.
- Excellent spoken / written communication in English
Good to have experience with:
- Global State management Libraries. (such as Redux, MobX)
- Rx.js, Ramda
- Cypress or other E2E testing frameworks
- WebSockets or other type of streaming data
- Experience working with a live Component Library such as Fractal or Storybook
Being Part of the Lenses.io team:
- You will be exposed to the front-line of streaming technology applied in the global industry. This willgive you unique insights that are immensely valuable and rare
- You will join our International team with Lensiors spanning 8 countries and Offices in London, Athens,and New York. We have a distributed and remote-friendly culture to cover the full spectrum of workingfrom a modern office to fully remote. (We are currently operating in full remote mode)
- We compete on the world stage and so will you. We aim for the top and we offer a competitive salaryand strong benefits.
Some of our Benefits
- An awesome, open, and vibrant start-up environment
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth
- Flexible working hours
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- An opportunity to work with exceptional, professional people at the forefront of their fields
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.