Who we are?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new way of consuming, processing and moving data.
Our product delivers an amazing developer experience for building & operating streaming data applications. It makes working with leading open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka & Kubernetes more accessible for engineers and operationalizes them for enterprises.
Today, 10s of thousands of developers and 100s of customers use Lenses.io open-source tools and enterprise software.
Our customers, who range from household names like Daimler-Benz and Adidas to cloud-native start-ups, use Lenses to help run their strategic streaming and software applications: IoT, fraud-detection AI engines and cutting-edge consumer-facing applications.
Looking to make a difference?
This is an amazing moment to join one the fastest growing data tech start-ups as the first Developer Advocate.
In the role, you will be a valued member of the Lenses and Kafka community. As part of the marketing team, you will engage, educate and enthuse a community of open-source developers with Lenses.io enterprise software and open-source projects.
So, if you are creative and passionate about engineering and building a community of developers then this is the home for you.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Presenting at industry meetups, conferences and community events
- Contributing to Lenses’ open-source projects
- Creating technical material such as blogs and videos that help educate developers onLenses, Kafka and other open-source technologies
- Maximizing the reach and the impact of this content, through social media, public forums and special events
- Nurturing the community, with engaging activities and content
- Building and growing relationships with key members of the community
- Engaging with customers and prospects in the field
- Feeding back ideas from the community to the Lenses engineering team
What you will bring:
- Experience in working in a software/data engineering team
- Track record of developing education content
- Development of video content
- Great literacy skills and articulate in presentation
- Creative marketing ideas and concepts
- Excellent knowledge of Apache Kafka and building streaming applications in languages and frameworks such Kafka Streams, Python and Go
- Very good knowledge of other open-source data technologies and cloud infrastructure
- Engineering & streaming data technologies
- Sharing knowledge
- Customer success
- Being part of a community
- Sharing success with others
- Inspiring people
Being Part of the Lenses.io team:
- You will join an open, vibrant and passionate hyper-growth start-up
- You will be defining, not following, the market
- You will compete on the world stage alongside our international team of Lensiors spanning 8 locations including London, Athens, and New York
- You will have a huge individual influence on the direction of the company
- An opportunity to work with exceptional people at the forefront of their fields
Even More Benefits
- Rapid career progression and personal growth
- Flexible working hours
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance: 25 Days PTO
- Private healthcare
- Share plan
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.