8 Aug 2016
Read in about 2 min
Today we release our first beta CSD for Confluent Platform 3.0.0. It is robust
enough to use in production; but we want to add at least some small touches
before the final release which we expect to be fully compatible with the
beta drop-in replacement and upgrade.
For the eager ones, you can find it
at our archive. The installation
procedure remains the same, yet if you use the old one, we suggest to
remove and clean
the previous installation.
Changelog from 2.0.1
These are the important changes:
- Upgrade to Confluent Platform 3.0.0.
- More robust initialization for kerberized environments. Just enable an
internal (to the cluster) plaintext port for the brokers and the rest of the
infrastructure will use it automatically.
- Ability to use your own connectors. Add them manually to the same path to all
Connect hosts and configure the classpath option in CM.
- Datamountainer’s Stream Reactor technology
is now available as a parcel. Add our repository https://archive.landoop.com/cdh5/stream-reactor/latest/
to Cloudera Manager’s Parcel Configuration dialog, download - activate the
parcel and finally restart Connect Distributed to get access to a terrific
- A user-defined id is appended to log filenames instead of a random one, making
the logs path predictable and consistent across cluster nodes.
[ paragraph updated 17 August, 2016 ]
We decided against supporting some features for the time being:
- Control Center is omitted.
- SSL support for Kafka REST Proxy and Schema Registry is omitted.
Availability and Installation
You can find the
at our archive. For the installation
procedure and usage instructions, please refer to our
As always we will be more than happy to get some feedback. You can comment
below, or give us a shout via the contact form.
The Landoop Team
Did you like this article?
Industrialize your Kafka with Lenses
Try Lenses Free