Fast Data CSD Beta
Today we release our first beta CSD for Confluent Platform 3.0.0. It is robust enough to use in production; but we want to add at least some small touches before the final release which we expect to be fully compatible with the beta drop-in replacement and upgrade.
Changelog from 2.0.1
These are the important changes:
- Upgrade to Confluent Platform 3.0.0.
- More robust initialization for kerberized environments. Just enable an internal (to the cluster) plaintext port for the brokers and the rest of the infrastructure will use it automatically.
- Ability to use your own connectors. Add them manually to the same path to all Connect hosts and configure the classpath option in CM.
- Datamountainer’s Stream Reactor technology is now available as a parcel. Add our repository https://archive.landoop.com/cdh5/stream-reactor/latest/ to Cloudera Manager’s Parcel Configuration dialog, download - activate the parcel and finally restart Connect Distributed to get access to a terrific connector collection.
- A user-defined id is appended to log filenames instead of a random one, making the logs path predictable and consistent across cluster nodes.
[ paragraph updated 17 August, 2016 ]
We decided against supporting some features for the time being:
- Control Center is omitted.
- SSL support for Kafka REST Proxy and Schema Registry is omitted.
Availability and Installation
As always we will be more than happy to get some feedback. You can comment below, or give us a shout via the contact form.
The Landoop Team